Sheetname used in Macro Autochange as per time

Vbalearner85

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a macro which copies data from sheet "Cdata" to "Ddata" and then loop it with per sec "timer1" macro. I do the same action with three other separate macros based on time to change copying data to 3 other sheets (Edata/Fdata/Gdata)

My question is how auto change the copy destination sheetname (from Ddata to (Edata/Fdata/Gdata) in the same macro based upon below time conditions, instead of using multiple macros

If TimeSerial(9, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(10, 0, 0).Value Then ws = "Ddata"
If TimeSerial(10, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(11, 0, 0).Value Then ws = "Edata"
If TimeSerial(11, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(12, 0, 0).Value Then ws = "Fdata"
if TimeSerial(12, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(13, 0, 0).Value Then ws = "Gdata"

VBA Code:
Sub Ddata()

Dim lastrow As Long

With ThisWorkbook
    .Sheets("Cdata").Range("AA1").ClearContents
    lastrow = .Sheets("Ddata").Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Row
    .Sheets("Ddata").Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).Resize(141, 25).Value = .Sheets("CData").Range("A2:Y142").Value

End With

Call Timer1

End Sub

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I think this will work for you
VBA Code:
Sub Ddata()

Dim lastrow As Long

Dim ws as worksheet

With ThisWorkbook
    If TimeSerial(9, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(10, 0, 0).Value Then  set ws = .sheets("Ddata")
    If TimeSerial(10, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(11, 0, 0).Value Then set  ws = .sheets("Edata")
    If TimeSerial(11, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(12, 0, 0).Value Then  set ws = .sheets("Fdata")
    if TimeSerial(12, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(13, 0, 0).Value Thenset   ws = .sheets("Gdata")

ws.Range("AA1").ClearContents
    lastrow = ws.Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Row
    ws.Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).Resize(141, 25).Value = ws.Range("A2:Y142").Value

End With

Call Timer1

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,

Stops on this line with runtime error
With ThisWorkbook
If TimeSerial(9, 0, 1) <= Time <= TimeSerial(10, 0, 0).Value Then set ws = .sheets("Ddata")

Also, just curious how are we referencing sheet "Cdata" which is data source sheet to copy to the destination sheets.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry, I left out the () on time, and accidently removed the sheet Cdata

VBA Code:
Sub Ddata()

Dim lastrow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet

With ThisWorkbook

If TimeSerial(9, 0, 1) <= Time() <= TimeSerial(10, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Ddata")
    If TimeSerial(10, 0, 1) <= Time() <= TimeSerial(11, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Edata")
    If TimeSerial(11, 0, 1) <= Time() <= TimeSerial(12, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Fdata")
    If TimeSerial(12, 0, 1) <= Time() <= TimeSerial(13, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Gdata")
    lastrow = .Sheets("Ddata").Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Row
    ws.Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).Resize(141, 25).Value = .Sheets("CData").Range("A2:Y142").Value

End With

You also might want to error code for anything between 1:01PM and 8:59AM

Upvote 0
Not quite there,

My original macro pastes data from sheet "Cdata" into Ddata in blank row starting from row 2 (and move down), and so on every sec

Above macro only pastes data in tab "G data" irrespective of time in conditions, and that too in starting 142 rows.(replaces data in same rows)..does not move down for next blank row every 1 sec.

Upvote 0
Your time serial code you originally indicated says you want to use the sheet DData when the time is between 9:00AM and 10:00AM and EData between 10:00AM and 11:00AM. etc...
I assume you want these between 9:00 and 9:59,10:00-10:59 etc... so I changed the <= to just < for the second value in the if statements.

What are you doing if the time is before 9AM or after 1PM?

If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to concede to someone else to try.

VBA Code:
Sub Ddata()

Dim lastrow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet

With ThisWorkbook

If TimeSerial(9, 0, 1) <= Time() And Time() < TimeSerial(10, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Ddata")
    If TimeSerial(10, 0, 1) <= Time() And Time() < TimeSerial(11, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Edata")
    If TimeSerial(11, 0, 1) <= Time() And Time() < TimeSerial(12, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Fdata")
    If TimeSerial(12, 0, 1) <= Time() And Time() < TimeSerial(13, 0, 0) Then Set ws = .Sheets("Gdata")
    lastrow = ws.Range("A1048576").End(xlUp).Row
    ws.Cells(lastrow + 1, 1).Resize(141, 25).Value = .Sheets("CData").Range("A2:Y142").Value

End With

Call Timer1

End Sub

Upvote 0
Sir,

Excel file auto opens within these specified timelines only and closes after data is copied for these 4 macros. I have other bunch of macros which do these tasks.

Issue with above code are:-
1) Not doing intented task as original macro - copy data from sheet "Cdata" to destination sheet in next available row
2) Macro copies data only in sheet Gdata irrespective of time condition(taking only last condition).I tried using elseifs(that should be ideally used based upon my idea) in the same...somehow not yet able to resolve.

Thanks for your efforts..Regards PK

Upvote 0

This solves the issue..went back to my old thread.

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back