Shift CTRL END going up instead of down

jokkebal

Until today, I can't remember having seen anything else than that the Shift+CTRL+END combination generates a selection going down and to the right. Today, I suddenly obtain results going to the right but now going UP, and even going to the LEFT and going up. What can this be ?

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
It depends on where the cells with values reside if you have cells above AND below with values it will always select down (and right)

If you only have values in cells ABOVE the selected cell it will select up (and right)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Gallen,
Thanks for the reply. The weird thing :
A) new, blank sheet. Cursor in G10. Press shift+ctrl+end : range selected A1-G10. Is in line with what you say : only goes right/low when there is something there. since there is nothing, the way is up left.
B) I put a dot in L20. Cursor in G10. Press shift+ctrl+end : range selected G10-L20. Still ok.

BUT NOW

If I delte the dot in L20 AND even if I remove the entire line, the shift+ctrl+end keeps on selecting G10-L20 : the system apparently keeps seeing something in L20...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That would cause it. Make sure to remove any conditional formatting too.

Upvote 0
Is of no use : even with a brand new sheet and after removing all entire rows by clicking on the upper left button (left of the A column header and above the 1 row header), it just doesn't "forget" the info that was stored in L20. It remains Microsoft, after all :)

Upvote 0
What result do you get if you run the code below?
Code:
Sub resetit()
Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange 
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back