Shift Pattern

daleholden

Board Regular
Is it possible to have a 10 week shift pattern listed in excel. The to have a macro so when you put up a set of dates you insert on the correct date then run the macro and it enters all the shifts to the correct dates??

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
On 2002-09-23 17:53, daleholden wrote:
Is it possible to have a 10 week shift pattern listed in excel. The to have a macro so when you put up a set of dates you insert on the correct date then run the macro and it enters all the shifts to the correct dates??

Hi - welcome to the board!

In the end, most things are possible - unfortunately, mindreading isn't one of them :) How about posting back with more details about what your source data will look like, what calculations you need performed, what results you expect etc. Only you know what 'correct' in "enters all the shifts to the correct dates" etc means!!!

Paddy

Upvote 0
You might be able to this with a formular that adds a spectified number of days to a date. list the dates...then formulars...copy down and then done..why is a macro necessary?

Is there something more you want to see?

please give some more info....

pll
This message was edited by plettieri on 2002-09-23 18:06

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-23 18:04, plettieri wrote:
You might be able to this with a formular that adds a spectified number of days to a date. list the dates...then formulars...copy down and then done..why is a macro necessary?

Is there something more you want to see?

please give some more info....

pll
This message was edited by plettieri on 2002-09-23 18:06

How can i display a small worksheet showing what i need??

Upvote 0
1) download the file to your Library folder (you can find this in advane by doing a search on your C drive for *.xla files).
2) Install it by going tools | Add-Ins... & selecting the 'HTML Maker2.2' option
3) select the area on your spreadsheet you want to post (only include a representative sample & nothing with too much formatting)
4) go to html | convert sheet to html etc
5) Once the sheet has been rendered in html (& displayed in a new browsert window), click the 'Click this button to send the data to the clipboard' button under the representation of the spreadsheet
6) paste the code in to the test of a post.

Paddy

Upvote 0
I have it in Addins i have done everything until you go on about convert and new browser window and select the convert buton not of it makes sense sorry me just being thick. Please expalin in more detail.

I have it in Addins i have the data i want i have selected it what do i do then?
This message was edited by daleholden on 2002-09-23 18:50

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-23 18:47, daleholden wrote:
I have it in Addins i have done everything until you go on about convert and new browser window and select the convert buton not of it makes sense sorry me just being thick. Please expalin in more detail.

I have it in Addins i have the data i want i have selected it what do i do then?
This message was edited by daleholden on 2002-09-23 18:50

If you have successfully installed the addin, you should have a new menu option 'HTML' on the standard menu bar (mine's between the original 'window' & 'help' options). Then, select the range of cells you want to convert to html. Go to the HTML menu option & select 'Convert sheet to HTML'. If this works, you should get a new browser window opened with your sheet displayed as html. Under the sheet there is a button labeled 'Please click this button to send the source to the clipboard'. Click it. Then, when you're writing a post to the board, you can paste the code into the post (using control + V).

Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back