Shockwave Flash Controls - Clickable?

RogerC

I've made some Flash movies that look like buttons (with mouse-over states) that I would like to use on a UserForm. The Flash movies play (change color when the mouse is over them) in the UserForm but are not clickable. I would like the user to be able to click on the buttons to go to different Worksheets. Does anyone know of a way to make a Shockwave Control clickable?
This message was edited by RogerC on 2002-10-08 16:28

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi

This Jack feels is what your need, Jack never one to take credit undue this is not my work and credit a true wonderful friend who wants to stay nameless, BIG respect to him/her

Private Sub frmMenu_Initialize()
ShockwaveFlash1.Movie = test.swf
End Sub

Private Sub cmdClose_Click()
frmMenu.Hide
End Sub

Private Sub ShockwaveFlash1_FSCommand(ByVal command As String, ByVal args As String)

If command = "save" Then
GoTo SaveIt

ElseIf command = "print" Then
GoTo PrintIt

ElseIf command = "info" Then
GoTo ShowIt

Else
command = "by"
GoTo ByIt
End If

SaveIt:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show
GoTo Bottom

PrintIt:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
GoTo Bottom

ShowIt:
frmInfo.Show
GoTo Bottom

ByIt:
frmBy.Show
GoTo Bottom

Bottom:

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Click()

End Sub

Upvote 0
Jack - thank you for the code, but I couldn't get it to work to do what I want. I just want Excel to go to a specific worksheet when the user clicks on the Shockwave button. For example;
I have a Flash control (a button image) on my UserForm called ShockwaveFlash1. When the user clicks on the control I want Excel to go to Sheet1.
How could I modify your code to do this?

Upvote 0
Im no expert in FLASHING but care to send the wkbk and ill have a go, no promises thou, its a mind killer untill you solve it

Any help?

Upvote 0
On 2002-10-08 21:32, RogerC wrote:
Jack - thank you for the code, but I couldn't get it to work to do what I want. I just want Excel to go to a specific worksheet when the user clicks on the Shockwave button. For example;
I have a Flash control (a button image) on my UserForm called ShockwaveFlash1. When the user clicks on the control I want Excel to go to Sheet1.
How could I modify your code to do this?

Hi Rodger,

If you have put the flash on a button, double click on the button and it should bring you into code, eg

Private Sub youbutton_Click()
sheets("Yoursheet").select
End Sub

will take you to the sheet of your choice how ever if I have misunderstood and you have say 5 points on the button Im not sure how that would work, I'm not up with flash commands and compatibility with excel.

Brett

Upvote 0
brettvba - I'm not exactly sure what you mean by '5 points on the button', but what you mentioned in your post is close to the what the problem is. The Flash button is not on an Excel CommandButton. It's really just a Flash movie that I made to look like a button so that it has the interactivity of a Flash movie (changes color when the mouse is over it). I tried making a Sub for it similar to your suggestion called Private Sub ShockwaveFlash1_click (), but it didn't work.

Jack In the UK - I'm glad you're no expert at FLASHING. :) Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem... I'll send you the Workbook soon. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Sure send when ready

Nar JAck does love flashing its the movement a few MVP will back that one, i just love excel and movement in files

Flashing of the files kind, drive Jack a tad bonkers and i go loopy looooooooo!!

I just love 'em

Anyone know free leagle www site i can get games in flas i would love to know, then me bunged and puts em in EXCEL !!!!!!

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back