Shortcut to apply/remove fill?

MsCynic

Board Regular
I'm doing some laborious copying of information from one worksheet to another, essentially typing into a column months that agents gave us business. I have been highlighting the rows that contain the monthly figures, and typing the month names into an adjacent worksheet - I have both tiled on my desktop.

Having the relevant row filled allows me to follow the figures easily while I'm typing in the other worksheet, but it's a bit annoying having to keep unfilling one row and move down to the next and fill it, unfill it and so on. Ideally I'd like to right-click and be able to apply and remove fills, but that's not an option in Excel. What would be better than nothing though would be to have a short-cut key set up but I don't think even that's possible.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this task quickly?

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

acw

MrExcel MVP
Jo

To me it would seem easier to write a macro to transfer the relevant data from one sheet to the other.

If this is an option, give some details of the from and to structures and you'll probably get some help.

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M3one

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back