Shortcut to Entering Formulas Cell By Cell In Large Table?

Coachcasa

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi everyone. I'm working on a large table that is compiling data from another sheet. The table has 2,025 cells in it (45 rows by 45 columns) and each cell has a unique formula. All of the cells have an AVERAGEIF formula that uses 5 variables that it is pulling data from. Each row has 3 variables that are the same, but then every 3 columns in that row have 1 other similar variable and each cell in that 3 column block adds 1 more unique variable (which repeats each 3 cell column block. Right now I'm going row by row and after I create the formula in the first 3 cells in the row, I am copying 3 cells at a time to the next block of 3 and then changing two of the variable in each cell's formula. This is VERY tedious and will take a long time! I do a few rows at a time and then go to some other work before coming back and doing a few more rows. Is there any way to speed up this process and do whole rows or columns or blocks at the same time? I don't think there is because each cell is unique using the five variables. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. I've taken a screenshot of just a small part of the table. It continues this pattern on for a much bigger table. Thanks for any help you can offer.

1639669726182.png

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back