Shortcut tool bar for macros: Good Advice (and no bugs if i do?)

Spyros13

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there all. Firstly, Happy Christmas all!! Hope you really enjoy it.

Secondly,

I waa planning to wrap up my year by incorporating buttons into my worksheets for faster and effortless use and activation of all the cool macro's i have found and developed over the years, here. ( As well as putting some buttons in for the array formulas).

As per https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...a-button-728c83ec-61d0-40bd-b6ba-927f84eb5d2c

Question is, is this good sound advice? I hope so. Reason I ask is when im using some of these macro's i plan to embed/have a button for, simple tasks such as ctrl+f for find/replace dont work on my sheets. I've noticed other normal process desruptions when after ive run a few macro's which wouldnt help in my efficiency using excel next year. Last thing I want is to ruin/destroy my version of Excel coz I need it for my work.

Anyway. If anyone wants to pass comment or has any advice/tips/experience having done and eventually successfully/unsuccessfully tried similar, I would be intregued/grateful.

Yours,

Spyros

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Re: Shortcut tool bar for macro's: Good Advice (and no bugs if i do?)

1st snag: I cant seem to be able to unhide my workbook. (on openng excel from scratch). Is that becuase I am the owner and therefore that is a personal workbook?! Oh Gosh. I thnk ill do this in the morning / or when I'm less busy.

Upvote 0

Well, ive created my personal workbook, and have macros stored in it now . I also added a new tab/menu, and 3 buttons for faster execution of what I want. .... Then I wanted to make my (or cough cough, "the") UDF's universal as well. Create an add-on it said. save it as a excel add-in anywhere. then activate it. did that, but my udf funtion does come up but doesnt work as if when i copy-pasted it into new module and ran it. It just returns "0". Im gonna shut down and restart. All the other functions work, but the udf as an add-in, even when i write it in the formular tool bar, works upto th poiint of existing. But it doesnt work as it should . Will fix this .

Upvote 0

Well, ive created my personal workbook, and have macros stored in it now . I also added a new tab/menu, and 3 buttons for faster execution of what I want. .... Then I wanted to make my (or cough cough, "the") UDF's universal as well. Create an add-on it said. save it as a excel add-in anywhere. then activate it. did that, but my udf funtion does come up but doesnt work as if when i copy-pasted it into new module and ran it. It just returns "0". Im gonna shut down and restart. All the other functions work, but the udf as an add-in, even when i write it in the formular tool bar, works upto th poiint of existing. But it doesnt work as it should . Will fix this .

Ok, I love talking to myself (!) Lol, but no, this is serious and im getting somewhere with help from:

Link 1: https://daveriskit.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/excel-global-user-defined-functions/

(ill go to/try Link2: vba - How do I add a User Defined Function to Excel? - Stack Overflow if this doesnt work)

My path for my Global Functions file (an .xlam file) containing the previously macro-enabled worksheets UDF Macro is C:\USERS\MYUSERPROFILENAME\DOCUMENTS\GLOBAL FUNCTIONS.XLAM . That sounds right going by link 1.

Im now at the only place in my comp I can see it, via Excel>Options>Add-Inns. I can see it, and press ok. Hopefully this will do it and enable me to see it in Add-in Manger in Ecel Macro View.

Upvote 0

Guys !!! It F-in Worked !!! Yippee !! I don't know what I did, but restarted excel and all occurances of my attempts at embedding this UDF into Excel appeared ready for me to use !! It Must be Some Magic To do with writing on this forum/board !!! Thank you all anyway !!!! It worked !!! :) :) Thank you for existing! Dont know what I would have done wirthout you!!

Upvote 0

What an adventure! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back