Show AutoFilter selection in Graph Label

JPM

I have a large table with sales data from different States in the U.S. In order to make the data meaningful to me I use AutoFilter to look at one State at a time. I also have a graph that is drawing its data from this table.

Is there a way to show in the Graph which state I have selected in AutoFilter?

Thanks in advance.
JPM

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

JPM

I tried that but that's not really working because I don't want to sum or count etc. the data for a state, all I want is to show me the data for the selected state --filter it. I guess I should have mentioned that I am using a Scatter chart, which does not work with pivot data.

Thanks though for the suggestion.
JPM

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
You can make a regular chart from pivot data, enabling your XY chart. Select a blank cell located away from the pivot table, and start the chart wizard. In step 1, select the XY chart type you want. In step 2, click on the Series tab, and enter each series and its parameters here. When you change the pivot table, the chart keeps looking at the same cells, so it updates just fine.

Here's a hint: put the state field into the page area, and use the cell with the state's name as the name of the series.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rimo86