Show current week of rotation between two dates?

Searshc

I'm looking for a formula that will let me see the current week of a rotation based on two dates. Basically, I have a sync date, and a new sync date with a set number of weeks in the rotation--say, 2-weeks, 4-weeks, 12-weeks (whatever) that a routing computer uses to send my technicians to different areas. When I need to update the technician to a new area, I need to see which week of that rotation I'm in. I want to be able to enter this information into excel so it can calculate what the current week rotation is--some of the data I have goes back to 2008, and it makes it very hard to see where the system thinks the current rotation is. I was hoping excel could help, but I'm stuck at coming up with a formula. Many thanks for any assistance!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Jan 1st start 8 week rotation
Feb 15th which week of the 8 weeks am I in

Is this what you want?

Upvote 0
Yes, please! But it has to be able to sometimes span years, some of these things have not been fixed in a long time.

Upvote 0
I got to thinking last night, is there any way to have excel just count up to a certain number, and then start over? I can then just use a vlookup against the dates and get the right week I'm looking for.

Upvote 0
you can put today's date in A1 and in B1 put today() and in C1 put B1-A1
this will give you number of days since you entered the date in A1

Not sure why you need to span years - please explain.

Upvote 0
The system we use runs on a weekly rotation. I have the date the rotation was started, and we have to enter a date that we want to start a new rotation. However, some of these rotations were started in 2008/2009, and the number of weeks in rotation varies. I want to be able to set a start date, and an end date, with the number of weeks in the rotation. I want Excel to tell me which week of rotation we will be in for that second date.

Upvote 0
If you have a start date - say Jan 8 2008 and the rotation is 9 weeks, = 63 days, take today's date and subtract from it Jan 8 2008, format as an integer number of days, divide by 63, integer that answer, multiply by 63, add that number of days to Jan 8 and you have the date the current cycle started.

Is that exactly what you want?

Upvote 0
assuming cycle start date is in A2 and date in question in colB and weeks in cycle in C2, would this work?

Code:
=IF(MOD(INT((B2-$A$2)/7),$C$2)=0,1,MOD(INT((B2-$A$2)/7),$C$2)+1)

Upvote 0
assuming cycle start date is in A2 and date in question in colB and weeks in cycle in C2, would this work?

Code:
=IF(MOD(INT((B2-$A$2)/7),$C$2)=0,1,MOD(INT((B2-$A$2)/7),$C$2)+1)

Unfortunately, no. It has to be broken down per week, not per day. So if this had dates of 5/10 through 5/15 on a 2-week rotation, it would say that it's week 1 because it's under 7 days. Thank you for the offer, however.

Upvote 0
Seeing you haven't posted a solution, are you still looking?

If so can you clarify what your sync date is?

The formula given assumes the sync date in A2 to be a known start of the first week of a rotation.

if this had dates of 5/10 through 5/15 on a 2-week rotation, it would say that it's week 1 because it's under 7 days.

What were you using for your sync date?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back