Show record?

handysmurf

Board Regular
Ok I haven't a clue what to search for to see if this has been asked.

I finally bit the bullet and started migrating my Approach databases to Access. I have quite a few questions but I will go for one at a time.

This one is a recipe database for whatever its worth.

I want to select a recipe from the table view(s) and click on the form to view the chosen recipe.

Even if I change the view to table from the record form it doesn't show me the recipe I've chosen.

Thanks in advance.

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hi,
Not really sure where to begin. Do you have recipes in a table? Are there any queries in your database? Is there more than one table? Have you created any forms? It's not clear from your question what you have actually done so far (plus i have never seen an approach database before so I don't know what you are used to).

handysmurf

Board Regular
yea we may have to work out the terminology between the two. Can I post screenshots here or?

handysmurf

Board Regular
OK I think I got the screenshots and post them here without using the forum's space.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gAvXZ1_aO9rLAf2TyiRIW9sadvjIrYuq

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15GWGeDzgFBvUPjLe3U10wiTNDdbfVTxw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18TpPURnW3WaX9VFsWosro4-_gwIQSPh8

I'm looking and trying to use access terminology. Might as well learn it .... LOL

I want to select a dish from any of the datasheet views but view it in the form view. Right now the only way to get to a specific record in the form view is to use the record number arrows at the bottom which will be quite tedious.

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I can't check out your google drive links at work. In general, the easiest way to get a specific record in a form or table is to use the search features in access, which are usually available in the menus as well as with right clicking on fields that you want to search in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockStar89

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...