enzopaid1
ben1
danikanot paid2
lea2
bing2

<tbody>
</tbody>

i want data from "TABLE 1" to show in "TABLE 2"

what formula will i use on column "Group Status" to show the status of the Group code given on "Group Code" column. Like the table below

TABLE 2

Group CodeGroup status
1Paid
2Not Paid
3N/a

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi,

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do here, are you trying to get Table 1 "Status" to show Paid/Not Paid/NA if Table 1 "Group Code" is 1,2 or 3?
Or something else?

If it is the status change then this should work...
=IF(OR(C2=1),"Paid",IF(OR(C2=2),"Not Paid",IF(OR(C2=3),"N/A",IF(OR(C2="")," "))))

The last section [IF(OR(C2="")," "] will just return a black cell in the status if the Group Code is also blank.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do here, are you trying to get Table 1 "Status" to show Paid/Not Paid/NA if Table 1 "Group Code" is 1,2 or 3?
Or something else?

If it is the status change then this should work...
=IF(OR(C2=1),"Paid",IF(OR(C2=2),"Not Paid",IF(OR(C2=3),"N/A",IF(OR(C2="")," "))))

The last section [IF(OR(C2="")," "] will just return a black cell in the status if the Group Code is also blank.

thank you for your question sir what im trying to do here is to show Paid/Not Paid/N/A on TABLE 2 column Group Status, the data will come from TABLE 1

Upvote 0
I See, Well the formula provided before will still work, just paste it into the Table 2 Group Status in the first/highest cell in the column, then change the reference "C6" in each part to be the box of equivalent level in the appropriate Group Code column and you done.

Example...

If just referencing Table 2....

Column A Column B
Row 1 Group Code Group Status
Row 2 1 =IF(OR(A2=1),"Paid",IF(OR(A2=2),"Not Paid",IF(OR(C2=3),"N/A",IF(OR(C2="")," "))))

Upvote 0
i see, well the formula provided before will still work, just paste it into the table 2 group status in the first/highest cell in the column, then change the reference "c6" in each part to be the box of equivalent level in the appropriate group code column and you done.

Example...

If just referencing table 2....

Column a column b
row 1 group code group status
row 2 1 =if(or(a2=1),"paid",if(or(a2=2),"not paid",if(or(a2=3),"n/a",if(or(a2="")," "))))
(corrected)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back