Showing different scenarios in Excel

geperi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I am using If clauses to create 4 different scenarios for some modelling. My output is the total number of products for 2018, 2019, 2020, etc. Right now I can change a drop-down and I see the number of products changing in each year. I would like to somehow be able to create an output sheet where I see the number of products by each scenario ALL at the same time. So that when I change one of the inputs I can easily see how each scenario changes (rather than having to manually select each scenario from the drop-down). Is there a way to do this (relatively easy?)

Thank you so much!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You haven't provided much detail, so I'm guessing that a Data Table might do what you want. Look at Excel Help on Data Tables. On the ribbon Data>Data Tools>What If analysis>Data Table. The Data Table can calculate results, like total number of products, for a user defined range of one or two input variables.

Upvote 0
You haven't provided much detail, so I'm guessing that a Data Table might do what you want. Look at Excel Help on Data Tables. On the ribbon Data>Data Tools>What If analysis>Data Table. The Data Table can calculate results, like total number of products, for a user defined range of one or two input variables.

I tried the data table and it doesn't seem to work. let me provide more context here so you can better judge whether a data table could work, or whether I need something else.

I have a bunch of different inputs throughout the sheets, but my scenarios are basically a drop-down of 5 options, options A, B, C, D, E. When I select one option from the dropdown, my number of products for years 2018-2021 change automatically. Right now I don't have one single view of these revenues in each scenario at the same time. Theoretically a data table output is what I need, but is it possible to create it given my dropdown as an input?

Upvote 0
Hard to say w/o benefit of knowing more about what you are doing, but it seems to me that one (perhaps the only one) variable in the data table would be the option A,B, .... You wouldn't necessarily use the dropdown, perhaps the list which feeds the dropdown.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back