Showing Zero Values

boonwd

Hello all,
i'm experiencing an annoyance related to showing zeros in cells with zero values.
i typically turn this setting off in options>advanced>display options>(unclick).
problem is, each and every time i create a new window in view>new window the show zero values setting turns back on.
my question, is there a way to lock this setting down or something else i'm missing to control it.
i don't want to see zeros for zero values...it affects the whole workbook, all tabs turn back on.
thanks in advance for any guidance.
Boonwd

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
In the same place where you unclick for removing zero values, you have to select the DropDown line, and choose whole workbook, instead of the default setting, which are the Sheet you work in.

Upvote 0
hello ebea!
assuming you refer to the drop down box in the image attached, i'm only able to select a single tab, not a whole workbook, and the next question, will this keep the zero setting off until i choose to turn it back on...thanks!!

Attachments

• zero value setting.jpg
    zero value setting.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
hello ebea!
assuming you refer to the drop down box in the image attached, i'm only able to select a single tab, not a whole workbook, and the next question, will this keep the zero setting off until i choose to turn it back on...thanks!!
Yes, it was this I did point to. But I can see, that it's not possible to select the whole workbook :( So another option is, to use user defined formatting, and in the marked area, insert 0;-0;;@ as formatting. This will remove all zero's

Upvote 0
hello ebea!
A little corrections:
You can choose a little other way around, and it is, that before you go into Advanced Settings, select all tabs in workbook. Then in Advanced settings, you will now see a new selection in DropDown, with all sheets selected. Untick the Zero value, and you will now have removed zero's in all Sheets; and back again, if you want.

Upvote 0
Hey!
good tip!
have you experienced this situation when you add a new window to your workbook?
your tip will get rid of them but they come right back!
i've dealt with this for years but just thought today to ask for help...
many thanks!!

Upvote 0
Hey!
good tip!
have you experienced this situation when you add a new window to your workbook?
your tip will get rid of them but they come right back!
i've dealt with this for years but just thought today to ask for help...
many thanks!!
If you by "new window" means new sheet; then you need to include that sheet to a new selection of all Tabs, in advanced settings. But these settings will keep, until you change them; also after closing workbook.

Upvote 0
actually, "new window" opens up or splits the workbook so you can view different (or multiple) tabs at the same time. when i activate a new window, that's when the whole show zeros thingy acts up. not add a new sheet. appreciate the continued dialog...thanks...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back