Sight Change

Front

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a formula that works great, but looking to make a slight change for another purpose. Here is the formula

Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol]))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))=0,"NA",SUMIFS(Table134[Profit / Loss],Table134[Stock Symbol],"*"&$AF$4&"*"))

This formula will sum up the cells if the word in AF4 is found in the column Table134[Stock Symbol]. That was great for another calculation, but for this one it does not work. For example if I want to see my performance for stock M, if I type in "M" in AF4 it will give stats for any stock symbol with an M in it. Can someone please recommend a change so it is an exact match instead of just found in the cell?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
This will do it
Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol],$AF$4,0))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))=0,"NA",SUMIFS(Table134[Profit / Loss],Table134[Stock Symbol],$AF$4))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you! I have 6 formulas to do this to. I was able to see what you did and fix 3 more of them. However, 2 of them are still not working. Would you help with this one? I am still going to work on the final one for a bit.
Orginal formula

Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol]))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))=0,"NA",COUNTIFS(Table134[Stock Symbol],"*"&$AF$4&"*",Table134[Profit / Loss],">0")/(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol]))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))))

I tried making it into this, but it did not work.

Excel Formula:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol]))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))=0,"NA",COUNTIFS(Table134[Stock Symbol],$AF$4,Table134[Profit / Loss],">0")/(SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(MATCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol]))*(Table134[Profit / Loss]<>""))))

Upvote 0
Solved this one! Had to rewrite the last part of the formula.

Upvote 0
Okay last one is too complicated for me. This is my longest formula. I have broken it down into several part to see where the issue is. This is the section that I cannot seem to fix. If I change it to match it does not work.

Any assistance would be appreciated so I can change it from any match to exact match

Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH($AF$4,Table134[Stock Symbol])),--(Table134[Close Price Per Contract / Share]<>""),Table134[ROC %],Table134[Reserve Requirement])

Upvote 0
It took a few hours but I got it. Instead of using ISNUMBER(MATCH, I went with EXACT and it worked! Thanks again for the assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back