Simple Answer?

donnajay314

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I tried searching this but I am not sure what I am exactly asking for.

I have this formula =SUMPRODUCT((D$6:D$36>=209999.95)*(D$6:D$36<=219999.94)) see below chart

This formula spans across 12 columns which represent the months of the year,

So the January column has numbers in many different dollar fields, as does February etc.

I am trying to total across my row from Jan to Dec the amount of times in the months that we hit the certain numbers TOTALS
1621612611766.png

When I do autosum it returns a 0, when I highlight the cells across it returns a 0

I was giving this sheet so I do not have the knowledge behind it.

I have formatted the cells to number, general, cleared the formats.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you

Attachments

• 1621612575643.png
    1621612575643.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Do you have calculation on manual?

I can think of no other reason why that could happen. A simple sum formula such as the one generated by autosum would only ignore the numbers if they were formatted as text. As the numbers are already the product of another formula it would not be possible to have them formatted as text unless there are text functions used in the formula (there are none in the formula showm).

Upvote 0

I can think of no other reason why that could happen. A simple sum formula such as the one generated by autosum would only ignore the numbers if they were formatted as text. As the numbers are already the product of another formula it would not be possible to have them formatted as text unless there are text functions used in the formula (there are none in the formula showm).
No it is on automatic.

Upvote 0

Thank you, I found there was a circular reference on the first cell, I removed it and now it works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back