Simple Help I am sure!!!

scwnrdr

In sheet one I need a function refering to sheet 2. I need to know the number of time the word "blue" shows up in column "a" and the word "stock" shows up in colum "b" Now the formula need to refer to the number of times each word shows up in the same row.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi scwnrdr:

Welcome to Mrexcel Board!

Why not share with us ... What do you need this formulation for? What have you tried?

Anyway, try ...

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,"blue")&" and "&COUNTIF(Sheet2!B:B,"stock")

Would this do?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Like Yogi said, share...

Care to post some of your sheet? You can use Colo's Awesome HTML Maker, the link to which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0
I work for a bicycle manufacturer and I keep track of our inventory with this excel sheet. Colum a is the colors and colum b is the customer. Sometimes colum a is a backorder or I could just count colors. I tried both of the suggestions and they are not exactly what I am looking for. I will try and explain better. Say in column a I have 10 "blue" in column b 4 of the rows also show "stock" I need the formula to give a total number of rows which say blue and stock in them. Thank you for being so kind and helping me with my excel infantcy!

Upvote 0
scwnrdr said:
I work for a bicycle manufacturer and I keep track of our inventory with this excel sheet. Colum a is the colors and colum b is the customer. Sometimes colum a is a backorder or I could just count colors. I tried both of the suggestions and they are not exactly what I am looking for. I will try and explain better. Say in column a I have 10 "blue" in column b 4 of the rows also show "stock" I need the formula to give a total number of rows which say blue and stock in them. Thank you for being so kind and helping me with my excel infantcy!

change "A" to "blue"
Book1
ABCD
1bluestock3
2blue
3bluestock
4blue
5bluestock
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Brian from Maui...you seem to get what I am trying to do and I really apreciate the help. After much agony I finally got it right and now have what I need.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back