Simple image link

MrDB4Excel

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Can an image in Word be linked to an image in Excel such that the image in Word updates when changes occur to the image in Excel without the use of the cloud or a web URL as indicated by the "Quick Parts" Field option?
Simply put I want an image created in excel via a range selection which is then copied as a picture and then inserted into MS Word to be auto-updated any time there are changes made within the range that was selected for the copy.
The reason it needs to be inserted into word as an image is that the image is then used elsewhere thus needs to auto-update from changes in excel.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi,

From what I understand from your post, you want to copy a range/table of data from Excel into a Word document and when changes are made in the Excel data this is reflected in the Word document?

The way you can do this is to select the data in Excel and copy it, go to your word document and click on the drop down under Paste and select paste special, then select 'Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object' and ensure the Paste link option is selected on the left hand side of the box then click OK. This will then paste in your Excel data and when you make a change in Excel this will be reflected in the copied data in Word.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Thanks ExcelGirl1988. This part works very well. Now the problem of being able to use that special pasted object as a saved out image to use elsewhere.
Normally when you right-click on an image it allows you to "Save as Picture..."
When I right-click on the special pasted object this feature is not available.
I was hoping that I could open this word doc and the special pasted object would auto-update upon which I could right-click on the image of this special pasted object thus allowing me to "Save as Picture..."
So I am getting the impression I will just need to do as I have been which is to right-click on the range in Excel and select "Copy as Picture..." and forget about this auto-update feature.
Side note: I use this updated image for insertion into another program. This program I speak of then displays this image in a picture frame on my desktop.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back