Simple Inventory set up with barcode scanner

alltransmissions

Hello,

We are using Windows 7 and Excel 2013. We also have a Honeywell Hyperion 1300g barcode scanner.

We are a small (5 employee) family owned auto repair shop. We need to create a simple inventory tracker system so we know how much of each part we have in stock. I have a list of 400+ item numbers and descriptors from the main distributor we use which places barcodes on their parts.

What I am looking for is a 3 column format. 1. Item/Barcode # 2. Product Description 3. Quantity

What I need to do is to be able to scan a barcode and have Excel recognize an existing # and add to the quantity in that row. Also, if there is not an existing number, to add it to the bottom of the list as a new part.

I have been all over the web searching for this and cannot seem to find a simple solution. I am desperately hoping you will be able to help. I will point out, though I am sure it will be no shock to you, I am extremely limited in Excel knowledge. Any help you can offer would be so highly appreciated.

Thank you again,
All Transmissions

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back