Simple question column copy paste print

I thought i knew a bit about excel but... after looking around Mrexcel.com I am humbled.

I am trying to make a price quote for aluminum windows using data input sheet and quote template. I on "sheet 1" I have rows for the diffrent windows and columns for the diffrent types of finishes and glass make ups that are possible on each window. I would like to print only the columns that contain data in my quote template on "Sheet 2". As there are many diffrent possible column selections however only a few apply to each job or window.
If possible I was considering some type MACRO that copied the columns from "sheet 1" then pasted the columns containg relevent data in to "sheet 2" my quote template print area which I would name as to avoid problem with inserting in to a standard range selection(A3:R83). I just don't know how to select colums that only contain CERTAIN data.

THANKS!!! I know this is long but after lookin around I saw too much was better than too little.
This message was edited by hunkahunkaburinglove on 2002-09-24 20:10

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi

I'm not sure if I am interpreting your question correctly, but can you use Data Validation>pick from list in your template for each column of data.Then hide all unwanted columns before printing.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your reply!!

Yes, that will work, however I would like for it to be automated. If F6 on "sheet1" has the words "tinted glass" in it I would like for column F to be inserted (or unhidden) in to the named print area on "sheet 2". But not column E which is column for clear glass. However the next time I run the sheet 'sheet1E6 might have the words "clear glass" and 'sheet1F6 would be blank. So i would like Column E displayed in my named print area on sheet 2 and not column F as F6 is blank.

Sorry, Not doing a very good job of asking my question. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your reply!!

Yes, that will work, however I would like for it to be automated. If F6 on "sheet1" has the words "tinted glass" in it I would like for column F to be inserted (or unhidden) in to the named print area on "sheet 2". But not column E which is column for clear glass. However the next time I run the sheet 'sheet1E6 might have the words "clear glass" and 'sheet1F6 would be blank. So i would like Column E displayed in my named print area on sheet 2 and not column F as F6 is blank.

Sorry, Not doing a very good job of asking my question. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back