Simplify formula

DHayes

Board Regular
Hi,
Is there a way to simplify the below Formula?
Code:
=IF(INDEX('Data Sheet'!$A$1:$P$73,MATCH(A3,'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$A$73,0),12)=0,"N/A",INDEX('Data Sheet'!$A$1:$P$73,MATCH(A3,'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$A$73,0),12))

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
try this

=IF(VLOOKUP(a3,'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$p$73,12,0)=0,"N/A",VLOOKUP(a3,'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$p$73,12,0))

Upvote 0
Thanks snjpverma,
The VLOOKUP works the same. The reason I am using index because there are left and right lookups in other formulas. I was hoping there is way without having to type the formula twice.

Upvote 0
DHayes, I can't think of a way in which writing the formula twice can be avoided. incase, anything strikes my mind, will let you know.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Is there a way to simplify the below Formula?

Is the zero result because there is a zero in column L or because there is a blank cell? What is in column L - is it numbers or text or can it be both?

Upvote 0
Hi FormR,
Yes it will be always be 0. Column L contains number's only. There will never be a blank or text.

Upvote 0
Here is one way, note: this has the potential to introduce floating point rounding errors so depending on what you are doing with the returned values you may be better off sticking with the IF() approach or you may want to apply some rounding the result.

=IFERROR(1/(1/INDEX('Data Sheet'!$A$1:$P$73,MATCH(A3,'Data Sheet'!$A$1:$A$73,0),12)),"N/A")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back