Single number of 2 digit number formatting

USMCCOOL2

Is there a way to change the color of 1 digit in a 2 digit number in a cell? For instance if the number in a cell is 53 I want the 3 to be red and the 5 to remain black, and every time a 3 appears in my data I just want the 3 to be red. So if I type 693 I would like just the 3 to be red and the 69 to stay black.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Are you comfortable with a VBA solution?

Upvote 0
Is there a way to change the color of 1 digit in a 2 digit number in a cell? For instance if the number in a cell is 53 I want the 3 to be red and the 5 to remain black, and every time a 3 appears in my data I just want the 3 to be red. So if I type 693 I would like just the 3 to be red and the 69 to stay black.
Two possible problems with your request...

1) If your numbers are produced by formulas, then you cannot color individual characters differently from the rest of the characters in the cell. If your numbers are constants, though, you can provided what I propose in #2 below is acceptable.

2) Individual digits within real numbers cannot be colored differently from the rest of the digits in the number. However, if we convert all of your numbers to text (format the cell as Text), then individual characters can be colored differently.

So, are your numbers produced by formulas? If not, is it alright to change the cells content to text?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back