Single report wont' populate data from form

lbradbury

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a report that I'm trying to generate as as single record. I have the form created, and the report created. They are linked it appears. However, I can't get the report of populate with the form information. They only time it populates is if the ID from the header field matches the ID of the details in the subform.

How do I fix this?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hello,

I have a report that I'm trying to generate as as single record. I have the form created, and the report created. They are linked it appears. However, I can't get the report of populate with the form information. They only time it populates is if the ID from the header field matches the ID of the details in the subform.

How do I fix this?
That's how it works. If it's a button you're using to open the report, it normally takes the ID to match. If the ID is in the Main Form Use that.

Upvote 0
I think I found why this one populate the relationship is one to one, not one to many. How do I fix this?

Upvote 0
If you have an ID in a form, it usually relates to a single record (the record with that ID). That's not precisely a one-to-one relationship (it usually just means one row of a one-to-many relationship, like a book an author wrote (but there are other books the author wrote - 1 author with 5 books for instance, one to many in the general case but each book is one book by the author in the specific case). Anyway, that is neither here nor there. The main thing is what do you want to display in the report? To keep up with the books example, you might have the author in the form header and all the books by the author in the form detail. The ID should be the author ID, and the related records in the form are books related to that author (each one with a unique BookID).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back