Slicer Controlled Interactive Excel Chart

Laviah01

Hello,

I am trying to create a slicer-controlled excel line chart. Where you can select one series or more within the dataset to display on a line chart. I'm able to create a pivot table and even a slicer but I'm having difficulty trying to put everything together.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe even an alternative approach. I really just want that the line chart is interactive. I have attached some screenshot below that illustratives what I've been trying to accomplish.

See below screenshots.

Sample Dataset tables
1628616903144.png

Sample Pivot Table

1628616544727.png

Sample of what I'd like the output to be....I want that if I select series A and/or Series B that only those will appear on the chart for the time series.

1628617208622.png

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Was your slicer created off of your data set tables or from your PivotTable? If from your data set, click on your PivotTable and then create the Slicer from there. The PivotChart should then dance like you want it to.

Upvote 0
Was your slicer created off of your data set tables or from your PivotTable? If from your data set, click on your PivotTable and then create the Slicer from there. The PivotChart should then dance like you want it to.
No I created an additional data table with just the categories listed, so I could illustrate essentially what I'm trying to accomplish. The categories are the "headers" of the dataset but whenever I try to create a slicer based on the data table itself, it only gives me the option of switching the actual numbers and not the categories themselves.

See below.

1628819829052.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back