Slicer problem - quick help needed please

Bagharmin

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet I update each week. In it, I have a Pivot Table/Chart with a Slicer that shows the work dates from the past week. Normally I just refresh the chart and the slicer changes appropriately. Today, I actually needed to change the data source to a different sheet in the workbook. The current data source has work dates from 3/28/16 to 4/2/16, but when I added a new slicer, the dates it showed were from 3/25/16 and earlier - the correct work dates weren't in the slicer at all in spite of being the only dates in the source data. What happened?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Possibly your slicer still references your old pivot source data. Have you tried adding a new slicer with the same date field?

Upvote 0
I tried that first and got the same result. So I deleted the slicer and tried again, still getting dates that would have been from last week's report (even though the source data only had the current dates). So I deleted the entire chart/table and started again. I selected the data and then added the Slicer, but still got the same result. After I posted, I junked the current week's report and started again with last week's, updating the data as needed. This time, the slicer showed the correct dates. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but it looks like I avoided it this time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back