Slider Scale Bar

stigzy

Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of you experts could tell me how to create a slider scale type bar chart if at all possible.

I'm due to produce my monthly energy reports at work and want to make them look a little swankier by updating and refreshing the overall format a little. A portion of my energy report consists of a breakdown of sub-electric meters and sub gas-meter (please see the brief example in the table below). You'll see from the example below the data I normally present comprises each sub-meters actual consumption, the target we set for that sub meter and the variance between the two. I usually use a simple overlapped bar chart for each sub-meter which shows target and consumption. But I want to change this to a performance type slider scale if at all possible (imagine the standard traffic light conditional formatting feature but as a slider scale).

E.g. of data and a rather cruddy diagram of what I'm after, (I do have a picture of the type of thing I am after and would post it but am quite restricted with the internet and such related stuff at work).</SPAN>

Sub Meter Name</SPAN>
Consumption</SPAN>
Target</SPAN>
Variance</SPAN>
Performance/slider scale</SPAN>
Washing Machine (elec)</SPAN>
7,985</SPAN>
8,867</SPAN>
-882</SPAN>
|||||||||||||||</SPAN>|||||||||||||||||||</SPAN>
Television (elec)</SPAN>
7,904</SPAN>
7,636</SPAN>
268</SPAN>
Computer (elec)</SPAN>
3,121</SPAN>
3,315</SPAN>
-194</SPAN>
Cooker (gas)</SPAN>
23,109</SPAN>
21,843</SPAN>
1,266</SPAN>
</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>|||||||||||||||</SPAN>|||||||||||||||||||

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

NB/FYI: This is actual data ripped from our metering AMR software from the previous week (the data is in kilo watt hours (kWh)), the sub-meter names are labeled as such in this example for illustrative purposes only. God forbid that a TV would consume 7,904 kWh in a week! Also my cruddy slider bar diagrams are non-representative and estimations only of the data.</SPAN>

So anyway, apologies for the essay, can anybody help with this query?

Thanks, :)
Ethan</SPAN></SPAN>

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
You'll need to tell people what version of Excel you are using as the functionality of the latest version is significantly different from earlier versions

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back