Slow Code, Please help !

Tridiro

Board Regular
Hello Everyone, I need some pointers on tracking down some slow code. Is there a method to see which line of code is causing my module to run really slow. Very thing was find and it was performing perfect, then suddenly it went from 1 second to run the code to 15 seconds. I have found that its considerable slower when I'm filtering data. its also inputting data into hidden cells. is there any known issues or causes when filtering data ?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
When I notice my code is running slower then I like - I usually put in a couple of Msgbox lines denoting it has passed a certain spot in the code until I identify the item in question. If you want more specific insight - you might want to paste in your code.

Have you turned off the screen updates (just remember to turn them back on as it make Excel unstable).

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone, I need some pointers on tracking down some slow code. Is there a method to see which line of code is causing my module to run really slow. Very thing was find and it was performing perfect, then suddenly it went from 1 second to run the code to 15 seconds. I have found that its considerable slower when I'm filtering data. its also inputting data into hidden cells. is there any known issues or causes when filtering data ?
You may open the macro and pressing F8 to try line by line

Upvote 0
Tridiro,

Can you post your macro code?

At the beginning of your posted code, enter the following without the quote marks:
["code"]

'Your code goes here.

At the end of your posted code, enter the following without the quote marks:
["/code"]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorie1693

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back