Slow Performance after Saving file in "Excel 97-2003" format

PoggiPJ

My 2003 xls workbook performs fine. I save and send it to a 2010 user who (after a couple of minor edits) then saves the workbook in Excel 97-2003 format and returns it back to me. When I open the updated workbook it takes 10 minutes to open, and any change I make takes several minutes to process. Stranger stiill, he and I used to exchange the same files with NO issues. Any idea what could be happening?

Re: SOLVED: Slow Performance after Saving file in "Excel 97-2003" format

Not sure whether it is a good idea or not ( not enough experience) but I assume you won't get the issue if you turn off multithreaded calculation in the advanced options - formulas if you do regular switching between versions

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Re: SOLVED: Slow Performance after Saving file in "Excel 97-2003" format

Not sure whether it is a good idea or not ( not enough experience) but I assume you won't get the issue if you turn off multithreaded calculation in the advanced options - formulas if you do regular switching between versions

The primary consideration for me was a mixed 2003, 2007, and 2010 user community of over 300 with varying Excel skill levels. It was safer to rely on including the code, at least until all the Excel 2003 users are upgraded.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back