Snow In Houston

texasalynn

WooHoo! Snow in Houston - is pretty when it first starts to snow. And we get a snow day at work. Enjoy

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Anyone who's been in a snow/ice storm anywhere in Texas south of the panhandle, knows you get a snow day to keep everyone off the roads!

Kind of like Californians in the rain. :)

But the first snow of the year is always pretty. Just had 1' up in Laramie 2 weeks ago.

What's 'snow'?

Is it that white stuff that I saw the other day on the top of a hill?:)

It's been snowing in Minneapolis since early October. :biggrin:

What's a snow day @ work? :confused: You get to wear jeans?
icon12.gif

What's a snow day @ work? :confused: You get to wear jeans?
icon12.gif

Spoken like a man that never seen Texan trying to drive on ice. If you're not on the road with them it's entertaining. If you ARE on the road with them it's harrowing. :eek:

Greg

Driving on ice is fun.:)

Last time we had a major snowfall I had to drive 30 miles or so to work, and not all the roads were gritted.

It was like playing an arcade game - but the bad/good part was that when I'd finished the 'mission' I was met by astonished faces and told to go home.:)

That wasn't as much fun because by that time the ice had melted.:rolleyes:

PS I'm not recommending driving on ice.:)

Last edited:
Driving on ice is not my favorite thing to do. Snow's OK, even blowing snow, I can handle (think heavy snow, 25 mph winds and [really] flat land with few trees). But ice or freezing rain? I've driven on it when I've had to. But when I greet such weather with "oh, this should be fun", believe me the sarcasm is unmistakable. :wink:

Greg

I wasn't really being serious that it's 'fun', in fact it can be a nightmare, and dangerous.

I don't think I would advise driving in snow or on ice in your part of the world, or anywhere else.

The last time I saw snow in the States was in the mountains above Albuquerque, and that was in the summer of 1980.

Also visited Houston, but that was just a stop-over and it was so hot we couldn't even sit down on the seats in the departure lounge.

Over here if there is any sign of even a flake of snow/ice we are advised not to travel, by car, bus or train.

I think maybe i should get my coat.:coffee:

:confused: What's the fuss about? It snows- you drive. It freezes-you drive. I'm almost always travelling by bike (bicycle to make it absolutely clear), no matter what the road conditions are. :) If the wether is foul you just go extra careful with your car and use the handbrake to slide around corners... Snow and ice IS fun! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back