Solver does not calculate the minimum

bestox

Board Regular
i have three different ranges:

BC1:BH1, contain values (f.e. yields)

CI1:CL1, contain some parameter values to start

CO1:CT1, each contains (different) formula using above CI1:CL1 parameters. Formula look like CI1+(CJ1-CI1)*(1-EXP(-0.5/CL1))/....

CN1, contains SUMMYXMY2(CO1:CT1, BC1:BH1)

i now use the solver with MIN:
target cell is CN1
modifiable cells are CI1:CL1

I now run the solver (i did it some more times, but does not change the results, since the parameters are to some extend calibrated). I now assume that the parameters (CI1:CL1) are changed to deliver the minimum of CN1, CN1 contains f.e. 2.1; with simply changing one of the parameters by hand (from -0,04 to -0,05) i decreased CN to 1.7; so the solved parameters by excel are obviously not the best minimum.

I was wondering that maybe i can change the accuracy of the solver. When i enter the options, accuracy is set to 1; When i press OK, i get the messagebox "accuracy has to be a small, positive value". I tried 0.1, 2, 0.5, always same messagebox.

anyone has an idea how to retrieve better results? what could be the reason for the bad parameters?

Thank you for any advice.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KOH2031

This Week's Hot Topics

• help please
    SORRY NOT ANY GOOD AT EXCEL SO HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED this formula is in a sheet called ignore...
  • two formulas needed
    Hello, I'll try my best to explain this: First formula needed in Sheet1 cell A2: If Sheet1 cell B2 = Sheet2 cell B2 then return a 1. If not then...
  • Dynamic Counts
    Good afternoon, we are tidying up some data & the data seems to be growing quicker than we are tidying it up! What we confirm (by reviewing it...
  • Help Excel formula eliminate duplicate values and keep only 2 identical rows.
    as picture below column A has a duplicate value. but the values are not the same as the rule. sometimes 4 rows, sometimes 10 rows or 7 or 9...
  • Macro Compile Error Sub or Function not defined
    Hello, I am trying to run macros from a validation list, all macros have been created and run perfectly on there own but I'm getting a compile...
  • Last row combined with Current Region VBA
    I'm generally happy finding the last row of data through something like Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp) but I don't always receive data...