"Sort by" Formula

Melaccio

Hi everyone,

I am tring to integrate in my formula some data more to make an automatic order in the cell but I don't have no clue how to solve it.:confused:

For example if I want to match two column with this formula =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C2,$A$2:$A$6,1,0)),"",C2), the result will be like this:

Table array 1lookup value
subject 1subject 10
subject 2subject 5subject 5
subject 3subject 9
subject 4subject 1subject 1
subject 5subject 2subject 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

However, if I want that the formula will give me an automatic order, like this:

<style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\,"; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\.";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}--></style>
subject 5
subject 1
subject 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

What should I integrate in more?

Thank you in advance guys!:biggrin:

You are changing the criteria, the location of the data and where the results should be shown many times. Difficult to understand exactly what you really want.

Please, try to show exactly where are the data (worksheet, rows and columns) and we should avoid using references to entire columns, like A: A, for the sake of performance.

M.

I am trying to create a file that from an input sheet (number 3) is giving me a result in order (sheet 4) by matching the data from the two table array (sheet 1 and 2).

I am using right now 2 formulas to have this type of result because I do not know how to integrate "match" and "order" together.
So I am using in the column A in the sheet4 a formula that matches the data of the sheet1 and sheet2 to get a result with the criteria that I am putting in the input sheet. Otherwise, in the column B of the sheet4, I put a formula that is showing me at the top the cell with the match criteria.

I am trying from serveral days to show me all the result in only one column without blank cells between results.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Your description is a bit vague. I'm not seeing your data, formulas and I do not know the results you want. In the previous messages the data and results were on the same worksheet. Now, it seems that everything has changed and an integration between Match and Order, never mentioned, is required ...

Sorry but without knowing the exact location of the data, criteria, and where the results should be displayed, as I asked in the previous post, I do not know how to help you more. This information is required for anyone who wants to create and test formulas that meet the requirements.

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back