Sort Formulas referencing another sheet

SFCChase

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large document with multiple tabs at the bottom. My primary page (Master Data Flow Sheet) contains cells that have both open cells where data is typed in and embedded formulas that refer to the 2nd tab (Calculations). The Calculations tab refers to information on the Master Data Flow Sheet to do some data manipulation.

The formula's all seem to be doing what they're supposed to, but when I try to sort data on the Master Data Flow Sheet the calculated cells end up getting messed up. The free-text data moves as it should with sorting, but the formula's always end up staying in the same place, but referring to the new cell the original data was typed in (if that makes sense).

TAB 1: MASTER DATA FLOW SHEET
STATUSTYPEIDLast NameFirst NameMiddle InitialForm Name
ActiveAcademic1112222BrownBobB=CALCULATIONS!A2
ReliefAcademic1221221MichaelsMikeM=CALCULATIONS!A3
RecycleAcademic12341234JonesJoeJ=CALCULATIONS!A4
ActiveAcademic43214321WilliamsWillW=CALCULATIONS!A5

The Form Name would go to the CALCULATIONS tab and see
Form NameETCETCETCETCETCETC
=IF(OR('Master Data Flow Sheet'!D2<>"",'Master Data Flow Sheet'!E2<>"",'Master Data Flow Sheet'!F2<>""),'Master Data Flow Sheet'!D2&", "&('Master Data Flow Sheet'!E2)&" "&('Master Data Flow Sheet'!F2),"")
=IF(OR('Master Data Flow Sheet'!D3<>"",'Master Data Flow Sheet'!E3<>"",'Master Data Flow Sheet'!F3<>""),'Master Data Flow Sheet'!D3&", "&('Master Data Flow Sheet'!E3)&" "&('Master Data Flow Sheet'!F3),"")

The ETC columns are other formulas that calculate off other data on Master Data Flow Sheet. If I can solve this first one I'll apply it to the others.

The Form Names that should be resulted are:
Brown, Bob B
Michaels, Mike M
Jones, Joe J
Williams, Will W

When I sort Column A (Master Data Flow Sheet) alphabetically all the input information sorts correctly, however the Form names stay in the same order and the formula reference cells change.

is there any way to get Sorting to work while still referencing my formula work on the CALCULATIONS tab???

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Sorting with the sort button can mess up your formulas, sorting with the filter button shouldn't. Try that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back