Sorting a list of items into 2 separate lists

Gringo123

I work for a printing company that prints labels. We have 6 printing presses, lets call them A,B,C,D,E & F.
Certain labels can only be printed on printing press F.

From our business system I can run a report in excel format giving details of all the labels that we have sold in the present month. I need split that report into 2 separate excel spreadsheets; 1 showing everything that was printed on presses A to E and the other showing everything printed on press F.

I also have another excel spreadsheet which gives a complete list of all the labels that have to be printed on press F.

At the moment I do this task manually. Can excel perform this task for me?
Every label that we print has a part code and both spreadsheets show this part code so that would be the linking factor between the 2 sheets.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I work for a printing company that prints labels. We have 6 printing presses, lets call them A,B,C,D,E & F.
Certain labels can only be printed on printing press F.

From our business system I can run a report in excel format giving details of all the labels that we have sold in the present month. I need split that report into 2 separate excel spreadsheets; 1 showing everything that was printed on presses A to E and the other showing everything printed on press F.

I also have another excel spreadsheet which gives a complete list of all the labels that have to be printed on press F.

At the moment I do this task manually. Can excel perform this task for me?
Every label that we print has a part code and both spreadsheets show this part code so that would be the linking factor between the 2 sheets.

I think you should take a look at VLOOKUP and maybe somehow you can apply that too your situation. If you posted a sample of the layout for both sheets, then you would probably receive more replies with better solutions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back