Sorting cells that are referenced in different sheet

elduru

Sorting cells that are referenced in different sheet <hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --> Hello

I could really use some help with my problem . I am trying to sort my data on Sheet1 using auto sort, and yes I am selecting the whole line when I am doing this.

The thing is that after the sort, I have cells in Sheet2, that reference the data from Sheet1 (and its a relative reference) but still Excell looks at it as an absolute reference, and the value will change after the sort.

I am using excel 2003.

Any suggestions?

thank you all

<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
<!-- controls -->
progress.gif

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
AFAIK you'll need to change the way Sheet2 is picking up the data from Sheet1. Sorting changes the values in the cells rather than "dragging and dropping" the cells into a different order.

Tell us what data you want to pick up and maybe we can get a solution.

Welcome to the Board, BTW!

Upvote 0
Thank you.

I would rather not use lookup function. The rest in the office are not that good with it. It needs to be as simple as possible

I will post a file but i need to learn how first. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Doesn't have to be complicated, and once you've set it up you could protect it from being corrupted.

Up to you.

:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back