Sorting data by duplicates

Mike2502

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Hi All,

I have a piece of code which I have put below, I need to try and somehow alter it slightly.

The code below sorts the data by seeing whether a cell color in Column A is 255, 0, 0 and then it will copy and paste it onto sheet "ToDo" and then delete it on the original spreadsheet... however I want to change it where if there is;

2 Duplicates = Gets copied onto spreadsheet "ToDo_2"​
3 Duplicates = Gets copied onto spreadsheet "ToDo_3"​
4 Duplicates = Gets copied onto spreadsheet "ToDo_4"​
I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance

VBA Code:
Sub Sort_Data()

With Sheets("Sort")

If .AutoFilterMode Then .AutoFilterMode = False
              With .Range("A1:O50" & .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
                  .AutoFilter 1, RGB(255, 0, 0), xlFilterCellColor
                  .Offset(1).Copy Sheets("ToDo").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)(2)
                  .Offset(1).Delete
                  Sheets("Sort").ShowAllData
          End With

Range("A2").Select   
End Sub

Only issue is when it sorts the data and I'm back to the original sheet "Sort" all the data is hidden? Any way to unhide this?
Based your own code from post #1 I assumed that 'Sort' was the active sheet when you run the code. If that is the case then there should be no leaving of that sheet caused by my code & therefore no coming back to it. In any case, I am not experiencing any hidden rows issue at the end, due to ..
VBA Code:
.ShowAllData
.. before the code ends.

Have you modified the code in any way?

If 'Sort' is not, or may not be, the active sheet when the code is run, then the code will need slight modification anyway if it is to 'Select' cell A2 on 'Sort' at the end.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Based your own code from post #1 I assumed that 'Sort' was the active sheet when you run the code. If that is the case then there should be no leaving of that sheet caused by my code & therefore no coming back to it. In any case, I am not experiencing any hidden rows issue at the end, due to ..
VBA Code:
.ShowAllData
.. before the code ends.

Have you modified the code in any way?

If 'Sort' is not, or may not be, the active sheet when the code is run, then the code will need slight modification anyway if it is to 'Select' cell A2 on 'Sort' at the end.

Hi Peter, just tried the code absolute amazing mate!

Just an additional request if you could if not no worries! - Is there any chance we could make it only export 1 duplicate instead of all?

So.. for instance lets say theres 3 rows of 'ABC123' instead of copying and pasting all 3 ABC123 rows only the first row and then continue to delete the other two ?

Bit of a long shot to be honest but grateful if you could

Upvote 0
say theres 3 rows of 'ABC123' instead of copying and pasting all 3 ABC123 rows only the first row and then continue to delete the other two ?
Only delete two? Are you saying that you now want 1 of the 3 rows left behind in the 'Sort' sheet? Previously we deleting all the duplicates.

Upvote 0
Only delete two? Are you saying that you now want 1 of the 3 rows left behind in the 'Sort' sheet? Previously we deleting all the duplicates.
Just trying something out mate so e.g

2 duplicates on sheet Sort, copy and paste 1 of the rows over to sheet ToDo_1 and delete both from sheet sort

E.g. Again

3 duplicates on sheet Sort, copy and paste 1 of the rows over to sheet ToDo_1 and delete them all from sheet sort

So in essence just copy and paste 1 instead of the all rows

Upvote 0
So in essence just copy and paste 1 instead of the all rows
Just add this red code to the relevant line
Rich (BB code):
.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlVisible).Rows(1).Copy Sheets("ToDo_" & d(itm)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)(2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back