sorting, grouping; unwanted files

velma_b

Good morning. I am using Access 97 and I have two problems. First, I have somehow managed to delete or misplace the sorting and grouping ability in form view. The shortcut is gone and “sorting and grouping” does not appear on the “view” section. “Formatting (Form & Report) is checked under “view”, “toolbars” and the “form design” box is checked in “toolbars”, “customize”. I have tried unchecking, rechecking, and resetting, but sorting & group is still not available.

Second problem is I was attempting to assign permissions for users and realized that I had no idea what I was doing, so I canceled my entries and exited. Now, however, I have a bunch of new “Tables”: “MSysACEs, MSysModules, MsysModules2, MsysObjects, MsysQueries, MsyRelationships. These files appear only on my computer, but are present in all seven of my databases.

I’m sure it’s evident I don’t know what I’m doing and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks.

Sheila

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
I resolved the second problem. I just need assistance with restoring the "sorting and grouping" function. Thanks.

Sheila

Upvote 0
I have somehow managed to delete or misplace the sorting and grouping ability in form view.

It's been a while since I've used 97 but I don't believe forms have a sortting and grouping setting. Reports do. Forms do not.

Forms have RecordSource, Filter, FilterOn, Order By, Order By On properties. Using these, sometimes in combination, you can get whatever sorting and grouping you're looking for. Without knowing what you're trying to do I don't think I can help much more than that.

hth,

Rich

Upvote 0
Thanks, Rich. I found what I needed in "Help" under toolbars and menu bars. I should have looked there first. I appreciate your response.

Sheila

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back