Sorting Help

vulcanfury

Hi All,

I need a bit of help with regards to sorting. I have multiple top 10 lists in two groups like so:

bT0M3az.png

However, if I apply a sort on one, the other gets affected as well. Is there a way to localize the sorting to just that list? I need to list the top 10 in either ascending or descending order.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
If the column between the two lists is empty, sorting one table should have no affect on the other. Are you selecting a cell in the table/Column you want to sort before sorting?

Upvote 0
If the column between the two lists is empty, sorting one table should have no affect on the other. Are you selecting a cell in the table/Column you want to sort before sorting?

Yes. I've tried highlighting the three columns pertaining to the top 10 but the result is always the same. I've tried adding a filter in the headers to sort from there but it still affects the other one. I'm using Excel 2013 BTW.

EDIT:
I've figured it out. The values displayed are the results of fomulas using MATCH() and INDEX(). It turns out that the Qty sold in the right top 10 list uses the rankings on the left, so when I sort the left table, the right side changes as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back