Sorting out a mess

bvanscoy678

I inherited this workbook. I know it should be in access or a database, but it needs to be in excel for unkown reasons.

As of now, these are posted on a common drive and shared. Needless to say it doesn't work very well. What I would like to do is break it down. People only need to see there area. So, I was thinking of making a worksheet that I could send out that is already filled out on the left side, then have them fill in the right side. Then they could email it back, where I could sort it into the master book again.

What I am trying to avoid is all the repetitive input that seems to be going on.
Any fresh ideas on how to handle this best?
I plan on using some data validations, defaults and a few macros if I figure it all out.

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I should tell you that the only purpose of this form is note that the property was at its correct address. The entire inspection is entered into a database. This forms just tracks the number of inspections and how much time was spent on them.

The workbook contains an entire years worth of scheduling. About 12,000 lines. Yes, not the best way, trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back