Sorting summary data on one sheet to another sheet by rank

thaithco

I have created a Workbook that has a worksheet for each day of the month. Then each day there is a log of events setup with Providers listed down col A and possible events listed in the top Row. On the last worksheet I have the monthly totals which I have formulas showing the monthly total events by category. I would like to take the Total monthly events tab and have another sheet that is constantly looking at the Total events and sorting them by highest to lowest rank by events. But can't figure out a formula to use that will constantly have data sorted from one sheet on to another everytime the workbook is opened. This will allow at a glance to gauge productivity of the people listed in Col A.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
firstly you need to make sure that the RANKing is unique so you have to use one of the many formulae from a google search not the excel RANK function

you can then use a combination of INDEX and MATCH to look for rank=1, rank=2 etc to form your league table, I have some examples but not at work

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back