Sorting table containing values returned by array formula

chilisrool

I have a table of data in which multiple data entries are compiled into sum totals based on a number of criteria. The name for each entry in the table is called into column A using an array formula of the form:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Player Seasons'!$E:$E,SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY(IF('Player Seasons'!$D$2:$D$295="REG",MATCH('Player Seasons'!$E$2:$E$295,'Player Seasons'!$E$2:$E$295,0)),ROW('Player Seasons'!$E$2:$E$295)-ROW('Player Seasons'!$E$2)+1),ROW('Player Seasons'!$E$2:$E$295)),ROWS(A$10:A10))),"")

The data corresponding to the name returned by the array formula above is then summed based upon the same criteria using SUMIFS:

=SUMIFS(Table1[GP],'Player Seasons'!$D$2:$D$295,"=REG",'Player Seasons'!$E$2:$E$295,$A10,'Player Seasons'!$A$2:$A$295,">="&$K$1,'Player Seasons'!$A$2:$A$295,"<="&$M$1)

However, using this approach has overridden the sorting functionality of the table, as now, however I try and sort the data the names are always returned in the same order as they are listed in 'Player Seasons'!$E:$E.

Is there any way to recapture the sorting functionality of the table whilst using a similar method to automatically populate the names from 'Player Seasons'!$E:$E or will I have to resort to manually entering and updating the names in my table in order to achieve this?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Also I am having a problem where I have conditionally formatted (Bold Italic) some data (the highest value in each column) and I have a macro that hides rows dependent on one value in that row. However I would like the conditional formatting to apply only to the visible cells, so that if the maximum value is in a row that is hidden the conditional formatting is applied to the highest, non-hidden value.

If anyone could provide a solution to either of these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back