Spacing vertical gridlines in a multilevel X axys (categories)

alesiracer

Hello everyone,

I am Office 2010 user, I va learned a lot of previous answers, but I didn´t find an answer to my problem. Thanks you in advance for your patience and help. ;)

I have a meteorogical chart, with two different values in Y axis (values of Temperature and Relative Humidity), ordered in a multilevel X axis (categories)wich represents days and hours.

My objective is to show a chart with some vertical gridlines, wich corresponds to each day.
When I did this kind of charts in office 2003 there were no problems, and I select vertical primary gridlines for each day interval; and secondary vertical gridlines every 6 hours... in order to check easily different behaviours.

But, in Office 2010 it is an impossible mission, hehe. When I select multiple X axis, the gridlines interval option doesnt work properly... I´m sure about this because when I change from multilevel to simple level, it recover the desired interval option... until I check again the multilevel, and it goes to hell one more time.

When I select multilevel X axis option, the vertical gridlines spacing changes.
In the JPG and Excell archives, I have copied the same chart with and without this option. The other parameters are the same, and even with that option.
I can´t adjust vertical gridlines spacing, and it seems to be blocked in every category...

Please, open excell archive and try it yourself.
Do you have any other idea?

I have posted it in other forums, and there you can find the archives of an example:

I include an example excell archive... thanks a lot.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Thanks a lot for your help.

I posted the same problem in two other forums, excelforum and ozgrid:
(Ozgrid post has been deleted I guess)

On the other hand, the solution to my problem by the way proposed in excelforum post:
It can be done with primary multilevel axes and a secondary axis without multilevel option, then with the activation of secondary vertical grid-lines you can display both (vertical grid-lines and primary multilevel axis).
Finally, as we can hide the secondary axis, it remains configured, but not visible.
Quite simple and efficient.

Anyway, in my opinion the possibilities of gridlines spacing were more easy and suitable in previous excel version. ;)

Thank you and I hope this post would help more people solving charts problems.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back