sparklines displays wrongly

cingeleiros

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys, my issue is as follows. I have lines with notes 1 2 3 4 or 5 and I added a sparkline (with bars actually) for each learner. Initially all was fine, a note 1 showed a bar 20% filled, a note 2 a 40% filled bar (...) a note 5 a full bar. But now I see notes 3 with show as a bar 10% filled... All my cells are formated as numbers and full numbers (1, not 1,00 for instance) . Thanks in advance for your help!!!

1610020119543.png

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Add a 0 at the end of each of your sequences, like 5 0 in the first row, 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 0 in the 2nd, etc. Include those in the sparkline reference.
If 3 is the lowest value, it will look ;like 10% filled. But if you include a 0, then the 3 will be relative to the 0 and will show much better

Upvote 0
Add a 0 at the end of each of your sequences, like 5 0 in the first row, 3 5 5 5 5 5 5 0 in the 2nd, etc. Include those in the sparkline reference.
If 3 is the lowest value, it will look ;like 10% filled. But if you include a 0, then the 3 will be relative to the 0 and will show much better
Hi, thanks a lot, it does work. I will nonetheless have to think of excluding this end-of-line-0 of the average calculation I need to provide in a another report. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I will nonetheless have to think of excluding this end-of-line-0 of the average calculation I need to provide in a another report.
Insert a new column just to the left of the first data column, put your zeros in there and then it should be easy to exclude that column from your calculations.
You can also make that inserted column very narrow to basically hide it.

1610096574195.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Insert a new column just to the left of the first data column, put your zeros in there and then it should be easy to exclude that column from your calculations.
You can also make that inserted column very narrow to basically hide it.

View attachment 29328
Thanks, it works, and on a daily basis, its not adding any maintenance actually, no need to delete and add zeros everyday.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad we were able to help. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back