Special sequence

shimaa01234

I want to sequence such as this example

<colgroup><col style="width:48pt" width="64"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
You could also use autofill of course.

Upvote 0
Then he should specify that in the description, otherwise the assumption is row 1, though I do prefer your solution.

Perhaps, but the whole point is that the OP never need mention a word about where they want to start the sequence if we use ROWS, not ROW in our solution!

The main reason for writing that article is that I became so surprised to find that the vast majority of people still use a construction involving ROW in these situations, despite its obvious drawbacks and the fact that there is a much more rigorous alternative available.

And the number of times I've seen OPs come back saying something along the lines of "I put the formula in A6 and the results aren't what I was expecting", only to be met with "Oh, well if you don't want to begin the formula in row such-and-such then you need to add/subtract such-and-such from the ROW part..." is not inconsiderable.

But of course all this extra conversation/confusion about adding/subtracting (not to mention the other drawback of being susceptible to row insertions) can be prevented if people would simply stop using ROW in these situations! It really makes no logical sense!

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back