Specific text conditional formatting

beginvbaanalyst

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I've made custom sheets and I decided to add a post validation process to a column.
My plan is use formula isnumbersearch to look for specific cells having "001" within them.
This is all within the same workbook; I'd like to from this sheet(Sheet2) have conditional formatting that highlights specifically where this is located on sheet(Sheet1).
Is this at all possible?
I don't know where to begin.
Please help.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi there, I'm struggling to understand your question, can you give a more specific example? So on your Sheet2, you'll have e.g. cell B2, which should check cell B2 in Sheet1 and if there is "001" somewhere in the text of that cell, it should use a conditional format to highlight that cell? Thanks for a bit more info.

Upvote 0
Lets say 001 is all over my first sheet, but on sheet 2 it's in column B and it's randomized. It won't always be in the same cell.
From sheet two I want it to highlight on sheet 1 exactly where the value of 001 is.

It might even be easier to just add conditional formatting across the entire sheet1 to look for specifically 001, whether it's solely the value or joined with text.
Ex.
edge001
ed0001link

I just want it to highlight so if I paste information in that has 001 it automatically tells me.
Is this helpful? I can also send a screenshot.
Sorry for such a late reply.

Upvote 0
Hi there,
this formula should give you a TRUE if the cell contains "001":
=IF(ISERROR(FIND("001",Sheet2!$B20)),FALSE,TRUE)
You could use that as a conditional format in Sheet 1, cell B20. If you copy-paste that cell to Sheet 1, range A10:D30 (paste special->format) you'll see that the whole line on Sheet1 will show that conditional format if that same line on Sheet2, column B, has "001" in the text.
Does that help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back