Speed Up Excel Calculations

mdiaz

I am having issues with a spreadsheet I have created. I am using a SUMPRODUCT formula for several different columns to return a count of data meeting those criteria's specified. One formula in each cell is targeted for a cell that I want to see data on. For example I have Monday through Friday in a drop down box. As I select Monday all the formulas should update with that days data along with the other criteria for the formula. When making my selections this takes about 1 minute to recalculate. Can someone help me speed this up. I had a fried who did something similar to this and it worked fast however I am no longer in touch. Please help!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Depending on the number of SUMPRODUCT formulas, and their complexity, this could be expected. SUMPRODUCT is among the most ineffecient (but useful) formulas out there. Do you also have several lookup-style formulas or any array-entered formulas?

Upvote 0
I just have the SUMPRODUCT and yes there are alot. I am not familiar with another way of getting at my data. If there is another way to pull in the data using some other formula I am all ears. Below is an example of the formuals I am using.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Exception!I2:I45000="a"),--(Exceptions!G2:G45000<"12"),--(Exceptions!B2:B45000=A2),--(Exceptions!C2:C45000="11"))

Upvote 0
What version of Excel do you use?

Upvote 0
I just have the SUMPRODUCT and yes there are alot. I am not familiar with another way of getting at my data. If there is another way to pull in the data using some other formula I am all ears. Below is an example of the formuals I am using.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Exception!I2:I45000="a"),--(Exceptions!G2:G45000<"12"),--(Exceptions!B2:B45000=A2),--(Exceptions!C2:C45000="11"))

If 12 is text, then < "12" does not make much sense. Are you sure that you must put 11 and 12 between double quotes?

Upvote 0
I am having issues with a spreadsheet I have created. I am using a SUMPRODUCT formula for several different columns to return a count of data meeting those criteria's specified. One formula in each cell is targeted for a cell that I want to see data on. For example I have Monday through Friday in a drop down box. As I select Monday all the formulas should update with that days data along with the other criteria for the formula. When making my selections this takes about 1 minute to recalculate. Can someone help me speed this up. I had a fried who did something similar to this and it worked fast however I am no longer in touch. Please help!
See this site for tips on efficiency.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcaw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back