spelling mitake correction

info seaker

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear All I am new to VBA comuinty. I wonder if there is a VBA code that high light spelling mistakes directly while writing.
thank you

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Just use the web and do a search with these words: spell checking vba
You will find a lot of information.

Upvote 0
Just use the web and do a search
Suggestions to do web searches are rarely helpful in the absence of any other support. The OP wants to check spelling dynamically while typing, and none of the results of your search address that. These results all discuss how to run spellcheck from code, which cannot be done while a cell is open for editing.

In a nutshell, there is no VBA that can check your spelling in a cell as you type. There are no events that can be triggered while you are typing into a cell that is open for editing. Only after you are done typing. Excel is not Word.

It may be possible to do this in a textbox control, but the OP did not really give a complete description of what they want to do.

Upvote 0
Oh yes, @6StringJazzer, you are right but this is the very first LINK that came up in my reseach and it says in the first line:
"Excel can spell check, but it's not as capable as the spell check in Word, nor is it automatic."
and only 3 lines below:
"Excel's spell checking is a bit different than Word's. It does not underline the misspelled words or check grammar as you type. You need to run spell check manually unless you automate it using VBA."
I think that this is the basic information OP needed, otherwise I would've had to limited my reply to: "No, not possible."; maybe OP (hopefully) is capable to do some 'homework' and understand the content.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back