Spill in a table

Fudging

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I currently have a table with data in it. Some of the columns ask a question that require a drop down selection, in which multiple selection is allowed. What I am trying to do is to recreate this table so that each selection from those drop down menus becomes a column header and I will run formulas to check if each drop down selection is in that cell by inputting a 1 or a 0 (for the sake of being able to graph selections in Power BI). So let's say that my raw data table has the following headers: Date, Countries lived in, Comments. What I want to do is have a table that summarizes the answers, so it will look like: Date (which will just reference the exact answer from the original table), a col. for each country found in the drop down list, and comments (which again will just reference what is found it the original table). The point will be that for each row, it will display the date originally inputted, a 1 or 0 for each country and finally the comments. Please refer to the image posted.

My issue is that whenever a new row is added to the original table, the new table doesn't take the change into account. I tried using formulas that spill the data but for some reason Spill isn't compatible with tables. The whole reason I need it in a table is so that I can export it in power query. I am planning on just using the Spill values, and running a VBA code that can take each row that contains data from that range and input that into a table (if that works).

Please let me know of any possible solutions!

Thanks in advance :)

1683744123302.png

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi

=LET(S,B2:B4,HSTACK(A2:A4,BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=H1)))),BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=I1)))),BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=J1)))),C2:C4))

Upvote 0
Hi

=LET(S,B2:B4,HSTACK(A2:A4,BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=H1)))),BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=I1)))),BYROW(S,LAMBDA(k,MAX(--(TEXTSPLIT(k,"", "")=J1)))),C2:C4))
Hi, thanks for the response, my issue still remains, the new data must be in a table, and the formula you've provided Spills the data meaning it can't be put in a table. I think my best bet is to have a range and make a VBA code that reads that range (Spill range) and converts it to a table, not too sure if that will work though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back