Splash Screen while calculating?

1nk3d

Board Regular
I am currently working a workbook that pulls data from a variety of sources. I am using a lot of lookups, which is slowing it down. That is a fix for another time. What I want is for while it is calculating processors, to have a splash screen. I have one currently, but it pulls up after the fact. Is this possi ble to have it load immediately and calculate in background?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
haven't tried this, but from the macro change the page/sheet being viewed, as long as you don't use active sheet in your referencing code, then go back to the sheet when complete, ensuring worksheet_activate is suitable set not to do an update/calculate

Upvote 0
no idea from the code you have posted

Upvote 0
I didn’t post a code?
hmm, maybe that was what I was suggesting. I have no idea what you are using currently ->> "It is still popping up after the workbook calculates...." doesn't actually help :)

Upvote 0
What I was hoping to achieve is when the workbook opens, a splash screen would display, indicating please wait while workbook calculates or something. And once it finishes calculating processors to go away. The splash screen shows up, but it isn’t until after the workbook calculates

Upvote 0
and you still haven't provided any code to demonstrate where YOUR splash screen is being pulled from. I'm going to stop following this thread

Upvote 0
I did not know you wanted the actual code. I can upload that later this afternoon

Upvote 0
My apologies on the miscommunication. Here is what I have as far as my code. This was my latest attempt. I timed how long it takes to calculate which is where the 45 is from....

This is in the main workbook
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

This is in the user form
Code:
Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
Application.OnTime Now + _
TimeValue("00:00:45"), "KillTheForm"
End Sub

Finally the third part

Code:
Private Sub KillTheForm()
Unload UserForm1
End Sub

and you still haven't provided any code to demonstrate where YOUR splash screen is being pulled from. I'm going to stop following this thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back