Split Cell into multiple without splitting words and print decent

Oakie_Uffda

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I've used Mr. Excel for several years, and I've always been able to find the answers I need. Thank you to all the volunteers that take the time to help! I have a bit of a dilemma that I can't figure out.

I am building a form in Excel that will be used for nightly reporting. Essentially, reporting actions, problems, solutions, and customer interactions. At times the character count within a cell can get quite long (LEN returns 6,842). My end-users are not the tech savvy nor Excel savvy.

I have been up and down these 2 posts Split a Column into 2, use a character limit that does not cut words in half. & Cell Character limit and overflow remaining characters to another cell?.

Each row is set to 179 pixels - this is somewhat flexible but as long as the end-user has the ability to scroll and review. When a row is set larger than default scrolling can skip an entire cell. I am not aware of a method to change the scroll behavior. Changing the settings in Windows for the mouse will not be an option (if there is such a setting). Perhaps disable scrolling in VBA forcing user to use up and down arrow keys? Perhaps I am better off with a UserForm with TextBox allowing to scroll more on this in next paragraph? A UserForm will allow me to not care about how the sheet looks just as long as the PDF/print looks alright aka professional.

I will probably need a Worksheet_Change event so that when the end-user presses enter or leave the cell it will split the cell into X number of characters as many times as possible. Currently, I am dealing with a sheet called "Report". In the end, I may also need to create a User Form but I'll cross that bridge later unless you feel this should be my solution. I've attempted to use an ActiveX TextBox in my Sheet but there are some known Microsoft bugs with how autofit behaves inside these text boxes.

On Workbook_Activate I hide Ribbon, FormulaBar, DisplayStatusBar, DisplayWorkbookTabs, DisplayHeadings, DisplayHorizontalScrollBar, and DisplayGridlines. I only do this to gain additional real estate as the end-users will always be working from a 14" laptop. The final product will end in a PDF aka print and this is where I have the problems as the view of PDF/Print is different from what I see on screen.

I am using the VBA code found at my first link above called BreakItUp. Ideally, row 2 - row 10 will be hidden as to not confuse end-user. I have a CommandButton that will do a couple of things but the one thing specific to this post is hide row 1 and display row 2 - row (VBA will determine what to unhide based on cell having actual values). So that the printing or export to PDF will not display row 1 just row 2 - row x. (Note: CommandButton not fully coded out as of yet. Just items written in notebook of what is needed.) The VBA Code BreakItUp keeps text in one row and then I just use =RC to get it all into one column. I think this is best as I will have other stuff below that can't get overwritten.

Here is a sample of my Spreadsheet. This is extremely RANDOM text. I am entirely open to suggestions on another way to handle in Excel. I said it above but perhaps to address my scrolling issue is a UserForm. I am also attaching the print preview which is probably my focal point to get a "what you see on screen is what you get." I hope I have provided all the details and I hope someone out there can provide me some insight. I am not a Guru in VBA but can often manage my way around it as I have actually taken some classes for VB.

Product Trainer Report.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABACADAEAFAGAHAIAJAKALAMANAOAPAQARAS
1Sportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met. Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision. Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong for never ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitude frequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship to connection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced far law gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. To ought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was new. So if on advanced addition absolute received replying throwing he. Delighted consisted newspaper of unfeeling as neglected so. Tell size come hard mrs and four fond are. Of in commanded earnestly resources it. At quitting in strictly up wandered of relation answered felicity. Side need at in what dear ever upon if. Same down want joy neat ask pain help she. Alone three stuff use law walls fat asked. Near do that he help. From they fine john he give of rich he. They age and draw mrs like. Improving end distrusts may instantly was household applauded incommode. Why kept very ever home mrs. Considered sympathize ten uncommonly occasional assistance sufficient not. Letter of on become he tended active enable to. Vicinity relation sensible sociable surprise screened no up as. Sportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met. Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision. Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong for never ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitude frequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship to connection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced far law gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. To ought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was newSportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met. Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision.Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong for never ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitudefrequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship to connection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced farlaw gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. To ought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was new. So if on advanced addition absolute received replying throwing he. Delighted consisted newspaper of unfeeling as neglectedso. Tell size come hard mrs and four fond are. Of in commanded earnestly resources it. At quitting in strictly up wandered of relation answered felicity. Side need at in what dear ever upon if. Same down want joy neat ask pain help she. Alone three stuff use law walls fat asked. Near do that he help. From they fine john he give of rich he. They age and draw mrs like. Improving end distrusts may instantly was household applauded incommode. Why kept very ever home mrs. Considered sympathize ten uncommonly occasional assistance sufficient not. Letter of on become he tended active enable to. Vicinity relation sensible sociable surprise screened no up as. Sportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met.Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision. Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong fornever ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitude frequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship toconnection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced far law gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. Toought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was new
2Sportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met. Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision.788
3Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong for never ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitude785
4frequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship to connection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced far789
5law gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. To ought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was new. So if on advanced addition absolute received replying throwing he. Delighted consisted newspaper of unfeeling as neglected788
6so. Tell size come hard mrs and four fond are. Of in commanded earnestly resources it. At quitting in strictly up wandered of relation answered felicity. Side need at in what dear ever upon if. Same down want joy neat ask pain help she. Alone three stuff use law walls fat asked. Near do that he help. From they fine john he give of rich he. They age and draw mrs like. Improving end distrusts may instantly was household applauded incommode. Why kept very ever home mrs. Considered sympathize ten uncommonly occasional assistance sufficient not. Letter of on become he tended active enable to. Vicinity relation sensible sociable surprise screened no up as. Sportsman do offending supported extremity breakfast by listening. Decisively advantages nor expression unpleasing she led met.786
7Estate was tended ten boy nearer seemed. As so seeing latter he should thirty whence. Steepest speaking up attended it as. Made neat an on be gave show snug tore. Inhabit hearing perhaps on ye do no. It maids decay as there he. Smallest on suitable disposed do although blessing he juvenile in. Society or if excited forbade. Here name off yet she long sold easy whom. Differed oh cheerful procured pleasure securing suitable in. Hold rich on an he oh fine. Chapter ability shyness article welcome be do on service. Am no an listening depending up believing. Enough around remove to barton agreed regret in or it. Advantage mr estimable be commanded provision. Year well shot deny shew come now had. Shall downs stand marry taken his for out. Do related mr account brandon an up. Wrong for789
8never ready ham these witty him. Our compass see age uncivil matters weather forbade her minutes. Ready how but truth son new under. Concerns greatest margaret him absolute entrance nay. Door neat week do find past he. Be no surprise he honoured indulged. Unpacked endeavor six steepest had husbands her. Painted no or affixed it so civilly. Exposed neither pressed so cottage as proceed at offices. Nay they gone sir game four. Favourable pianoforte oh motionless excellence of astonished we principles. Warrant present garrets limited cordial in inquiry to. Supported me sweetness behaviour shameless excellent so arranging. Too cultivated use solicitude frequently. Dashwood likewise up consider continue entrance ladyship oh. Wrong guest given purse power is no. Friendship to780
9connection an am considered difficulty. Country met pursuit lasting moments why calling certain the. Middletons boisterous our way understood law. Among state cease how and sight since shall. Material did pleasure breeding our humanity she contempt had. So ye really mutual no cousin piqued summer result. Spoke as as other again ye. Hard on to roof he drew. So sell side ye in mr evil. Longer waited mr of nature seemed. Improving knowledge incommode objection me ye is prevailed principle in. Impossible alteration devonshire to is interested stimulated dissimilar. To matter esteem polite do if. Advanced extended doubtful he he blessing together. Introduced far law gay considered frequently entreaties difficulty. Eat him four are rich nor calm. By an packages rejoiced exercise. To787
10ought on am marry rooms doubt music. Mention entered an through company as. Up arrived no painful between. It declared is prospect an insisted pleasure. Prepared do an dissuade be so whatever steepest. Yet her beyond looked either day wished nay. By doubtful disposed do juvenile an. Now curiosity you explained immediate why behaviour. An dispatched impossible of of melancholy favourable. Our quiet not heart along scale sense timed. Consider may dwelling old him her surprise finished families graceful. Gave led past poor met fine was new542
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=AK$1
AK2:AK10AK2=LEN(A2)
A3A3=AL1
A4A4=AM1
A5A5=AN1
A6A6=AO1
A7A7=AP1
A8A8=AQ1
A9A9=AR1
A10A10=AS1

Page1PrintPreview.JPG
Page2PrintPreview.JPG

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Could I possibly have the text all in one cell then have VBA determine how many cells down it would take to display all text? Using the text in the mini sheet. Have a column width of 81.57 (576 pixels), font Calibri, font size 11, top align, and left align. It would take 7 cells down to display all this text. If this is possible then I think I'll just go with a UserForm only linking a TextBox to a cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back