Split Cells Diagonally into TWO Cells

shapeshiftingkiwi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there any way to change cell shape so that in the below example, the top left section of C1 stays C1 and the bottom right section of C1 turns into its own cell D1? I am not looking to just split the cell with a border as show here. I want each triangle to be its own fully editable cell. The only things I can find are splitting the cells and then painstakingly moving around the text to fit. I'm guessing there's no way to do this, I don't know what the column header would even look like.

1671026064528.png

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi there

I do not think what you want to do is possible. The only way I can think of is if you use borders. One cannot split a cell into two...

Upvote 0
Is there any way to change cell shape so that in the below example, the top left section of C1 stays C1 and the bottom right section of C1 turns into its own cell D1? I am not looking to just split the cell with a border as show here. I want each triangle to be its own fully editable cell. The only things I can find are splitting the cells and then painstakingly moving around the text to fit. I'm guessing there's no way to do this, I don't know what the column header would even look like.

View attachment 80866
There is no specific formula, to do this request. You could combine the content of the two cells, adjusting then within formula the space between their content so that it will match the borders.

Book3
AB
31111 2222
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A3A3=A2&" "&B2

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
Solution
And as I said, adjusting the lenghth of space from formula, so that values will fit the cell borders.

Upvote 0
Ohh I see, there's two rows in your example not one. I thought it was split differently. OK that's probably the closest thing to a solution.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back