Split worksheet containing data in 3D matrix into multiple .csv files of columnated 2D data

JamesOH

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer and have to confess that I'm a little computer illiterate, so looking for help in its most basic form.

I have all of this data in large .csv files that, when opened in a worksheet, look something like this:

TimeW1W2W3W4

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm trying to do a stats analysis on it, but the program requires the data to be in individual .csv files separated by columns, but with each .csv also containing the 'x' values (Time). So 1.csv would be the Time and W1 columns, 2.csv would be the Time and W2 columns, 3.csv the Time and W3 columns, and so on.

Having looked around for suggestions on how this might be done, it seems that splitting the worksheet into rows is more common, but I'm struggling to find any macros to create the columnated data.

I'm hoping that the question is clear, but feel free to request further info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
James

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back